Sunday, July 10, 2011

History Made

July 9th 2011 was the day another story was added into Malaysian history. What am I talking about? It's the Bersih 2.0 march, an event created to call on the government for a fair and clean General Election. Supported by various NGOs and Opposition parties, the march saw people taking part going around town to create awareness of the campaign and later hand over a memorandum to the King. This caused downtown KL to become a deserted ghost town and motorist heading to town were caught in massive traffic jam due to police road blocks. Just by the severity of the gridlock can you already imagine how big the event was.

Back on my personal front and rewinding back to 4 days earlier, I had finally passed my driving test! Now if anyone asks if I have got a driving license, I can proudly answer them "yes". Too bad I won't be having my own car any sooner though (which also meant that my plans to buy that junked Datsun 240Z near my house and turn it into the "Devil Z" has gone up in smoke)... :(

No comments: