Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A New Day

Today is a new day, as my class has already finished our 2nd term exam. As a self congratulatory celebration, I went out to Mid valley with my sister after school and played "Wangan Midnight: Maximum Tune 3DX". I had initially thought of getting the Gemballa Avanlanche GTR 750 as my car after looking up on info about the game from its official site, but that car was only available for Japanese version, so I have to make do with a 'Bayside Blue' Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nur (BNR34). I'm still having problem playing this game, but I'll adapt to it soon. After that I tried out Initial D Arcade Stage 5, and I must say, this new version is EXTREMELY DIFFERENT from Stage 4. Try it out for yourself to see the differences. But there is one moment in the game that I couldn't stop laughing at. You see, I "test drive" this new game at the new map Nagao, and although I had see a YouTube video of someone driving on this road, I failed to notice that there are uncovered drains (like those at Tsukuba) at some corners and they cannot be used like how everyone use to take corners and overtake an opponent at Tsukuba (meaning: cut across the drains to the other side) because there isn't any space or land at the other side, only a brick wall! So, when I took the first corner with the drain, the moment I saw the drain, I went "Oh SH*T!" and the right-side tyres just dropped into it, losing all my speed in an instant. Hahaha!! Now that's something different.

P/S: My "Wangan Midnight: Maximum Tune 3DX" name is the same as my Initial D game's name, JAY.

1 comment:

James Chu said...

Woohoo...u getting into Wangan Midnight too?
Skyline R34 too?
How much HPs yo are having in balance mode?
Initial D arcade stage 5 ar~ kinda sucks...too slow...just like playing battle gear only...