Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 - End Of The World?

Happy New Year everyone! After a long period of inactivity on this blog of mine, it's time to bid farewell to 2011 and say "Hello" to the new year. Now, do allow me to do a little self-reflection of the year that has gone by.

2011 has been a pretty quiet year from me, as there wasn't many resolutions for me to fulfil. But that doesn't mean I never had much fun altogether! Fun number 1: I've finally made my way to study in college! YEAH!! The most surprising thing about attending college is that I made many friends pretty quickly on the first day itself. It used to take me a few days to get acquainted with my classmates during high school. Fun number 2: I've managed to hook up with a few real pro drifters as well as finally fulfilling my wish to meet my favourite drifter, who's also Malaysia's very own "Drift King", Tengku Djan Ley. He is a very friendly guy and easy to approach, as opposed to my initial first impressions of him. :P The other drifters that I've got to know are Ariff Johanis and his wife Jane Cheah. One of the surprise meets this year has got to be one of Japan's top racing drivers and drift legend, Manabu "Max" Orido. He was in town for the Achilles Radial Formula Drift Malaysia race, and had the opportunity to have his autograph and a picture taken with him too! Fun number 3: 2011 is also the year I start back my hobbby of collecting Hotwheels cars after many years of inactivity, and a great kick-start did I get when one of the first few cars I purchased happens to be one of my favourite Hondas ever. Fun number 4: I've finally visited Penang for the first time in my life! I was actually there for my cousin sister's wedding, but me and my family took the opportunity to visit wherever we can when our tight schedule permits.

There is a downside to 2011, though: my best friend, Mas Adrianna has migrated to Australia with her family. Although I feel happy for her that she's able to go to somewhere good and start her life all over again, I felt kinda lonely at times because I don't have anyone to talk and share my problems with. Other than this, everything's pretty much the same as before.

All in all, it's been a year that's filled with mixed emotions for me. While there wasn't as much for me to accomplish compared to 2010 (possibly my most productive year thus far), here's hoping that 2012 will be an even better year to me. And although many people believe 2012 spells the end of the world, I certainly wouldn't be sucked into such beliefs and will keep trying to achieve greatness in everything I do. So, first resolution for this year: to keep blogging more often! So here's me, signing out with the picture of me with "Max" Orido.

No comments: