Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Marley & Me

So, yesterday I went to KLCC with my sister and watched "Marley & Me". For the first time there is another show other than Jay Chou's "Secret" that could make me cry. It's a true story that tells of a yellow Labrador dog named Marley (named after legendary reggae singer Bob Marley) who was adopted by then newly-weds John and Jenny Grogan as a puppy and spent 13 years with them. While it was John's idea to get Marley for Jenny in order to prepare her for motherhood, they get more than they bargained for when they realize Marley is more than an ordinary dog, being hyperactive and difficult to control. They also learnt valuable life lessons from Marley in the process. Although this show is labelled as a comedy, the ending is far more serious and makes us take a hard look at ourselves and our lifes. It also struck deep in me that we can actually learn a thing or two from animals, although they cannot think for themselves. But what I don't understand is, why did all my sad memories and troubles from the past few weeks came flooding along while watching it. All in all, I would give this show a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5.

No comments: